Experts in Drain Cleaning in Ellicott City
Drain cleaning is what we do most often – and consequentially, we're pretty darn good at it. If your toilet is clogged, your shower refuses to drain properly, or you hear gurgling coming from your kitchen sink, then – we hate to break it to you – but you've likely got a clogged drain.
What's the good news? Drain clogs are fairly common, and usually very easy to fix. We can also provide you with advice to help you lessen the chances of future drain clogs in your home or business. Call us today for an inspection.
Signs of a Clogged Drain
- Standing water. This indicates that your water isn't draining at all, or that it is having trouble doing so. A puddle of water next to the sink or tub is also a sign that water is having trouble escaping down the drain.
- Foul odors. This is another common sign of a clogged drain. Bad smells can emanate from your kitchen sink drain or disposal, or they can come from your bathroom toilet, indicating a blockage somewhere in the sewer line.
- Strange noises. If your toilet gurgles randomly, or your kitchen sink sounds like it is burping, then you definitely need to call a plumber. It's not ghosts – you just need a professional to unclog your drain.
- Slow-draining water. Slow-draining water in the tub or shower indicate that there is a blockage in the pipe that should be dealt with sooner rather than later to avoid more costly damages and repairs.
How to Prevent Future Drain Clogs
- Don't use over the counter drain cleaners. The chemicals can be dangerous to your health, and can also corrode your pipes.
- Regularly clean out your drains. Hair and soap scum collect in shower and sink drains very quickly. It's best to get into the habit of emptying out visible clogs on a regular basis before the clogs navigate to an area out of sight and reach.
- Allow a professional to inspect your drain. By allowing a plumber to regularly maintain your drains, you're also letting them help prevent clogs in your sewer line. It's a good idea to have someone inspect your drains on a quarterly or bi-annual basis, especially for areas that have high traffic.
- Don't flush foreign objects. Don't every flush sanitary items, paper towels, or other non- biodegradable items. These will only cause blockages and other plumbing woes for you later on.
The next time you are suffering from a clogged drain in Ellicott City, call our plumbers first! We'll alleviate the problem and let you go about your normal schedule quicker than any other plumber around.